5 Minutes With... SAM MAGUIRE - Our Pregnancy, Restorative & Mindful Flow Teacher
This month we spend a bit of time with Sam, our Pregnancy, Restorative & Mindful Flow Teacher. You can catch Sam every Saturday, Sunday & some Fridays at The Yoga Factory. Read on to get to know Sam a bit better...
1. What led you to become a yoga teacher?
To show people that there's an antedote to the crazy world we live in.
2. What's your favourite yoga pose right now?
Svasana (corpse pose) I can escape to my own little world!
3. What's your least favourite yoga pose right now?
Pass - I allow my body to move and find stillness however it chooses. I never do anything I don' t like!
4. How has your yoga practice made you stronger on & off the mat?
Throughout the many twists and turns of my life, Yoga has and continues to simply keep me sane.
5. What or who inspires you?
My mum - a true Warrior Goddess -she falls, she rises and still gives love. X
6. Do you have a favourite quote?
"You give love, you get love "(my mum) and "Look after your insides and they'll take care of your outsides "(my dad)
7. What are your 3 rules to live by?
1) Keep it simple.
2) See the humour in everything.
3) Never apologise for who you are and how you feel.
8. What's your go-to self-care routine?
A candlelit , scented bath when I need calming energy and having a good laugh with a friend when I need uplifting energy.
9. What's the best piece of advice you've been given?
A medium once told me I'd never be rich and famous but always surrounded by people who love me. So now I look for love rather than money.
10. Describe yourself in 3 words...
Excitable, enthusiastic, resilient (although my husband reckons bonkers,baffling and voluptuous!)
11. Are there any good reads that have helped in your life or in your practice?
As an avid bookworm, every book I've read, be it yoga or otherwise, has had an affect at some level. The only real self-help book is your own life story.
12. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love singing!! although I'm always being told off for singing the wrong lyrics. I love the theatre too having spent many years in comedy and panto.
13. What's your favourite thing about being a yoga teacher?
Having students tell you how they have integrated simple yogic practices into their lives to change how they feel. It's also great when they say they need yoga and miss me!
14. Whats your style of teaching?
I like my yoga to be accessible to everyone and for students to learn how to move energy around the body and alter mental/emotional states and for them to then apply this to life outside the yoga space. Here at TYF I teach a Mindful Flow and Meditation on Sunday mornings. Classes are often themed and always work on stength, flexibility and stability both physically and mentally.
I also teach Pregnancy Yoga on Saturday mornings, supporting expectant mums to safely and mindfully connect with their changing physical and emotional bodies and their babies. I am a Wellwoman Yoga Therapist so support women through the transitional stages of life teaching yoga for moon phases, fertility, pregnancy, menopause and beyond! Girl power!
I'm also introducing a monthly Friday night Restorative Yoga Class... The perfect way to end the week if you are in need of some respite from life's chaos.
You can join Sam at The Yoga Factory every Saturday at 11am for Pregnancy Yoga, Sunday morning at 10am for Mindful Flow & Meditation, and the last Friday of every month for her super relaxing Restorative class at 7:30pm... CLICK HERE to check out the timetable and book Jo's class!
Peace... Love... & Namaste!